Who are your best customers? Would you like to get more of them?
Do you know who your best customers are? What you know about them can help get you more like them. Many businesses will say they can help anyone with their products or services. This is unlikely, but may be true. However, the reality is that each business has some clients they really enjoy working with and some they could do without.
So, what do your best customers look like? Are they men, women, teenagers, children, married, single, or families? Are they millennials, generation x, or baby boomers? Are they Caucasian, Afro-American, Hispanic, or Asian?
What else do you know about them?
- What is their job title?
- What does a day in their life look like?
- What do they value?
- What are their goals?
- Where do they go for information?
- Why would they want to buy or use your product/service?
- What problem should your product/service solve?
- How does your product/service help them achieve their goals?
Answer these questions and you can put together one or two or three personas of who your ideal client is. Then you can tailor your marketing to reach out to the businesses and customers who are the best fit for you.